- Serve as a source of support and development for the entire Burning Man Regional Network.
- Uphold and review individual issues/complaints regarding Regional Contacts and activities.
- Make recommendations for the Regional Contact Intake Process.
- Contribute to the mentorship of new Regional Contacts.
- Inspire leadership within the greater Burning Man community.
- Provide feedback to HQ on Regional Network needs and representation.
- Manage the voting process for Meta Regional seats.
Voting will occur at the annual Caucus. Inaugurations will occur at the Burning Man event.
Definitions of Regions/US States and Canada
- Northwest represents BC plus WA, AK, OR, ID
- Mid-South represents KY, TN, OK, MS, LA, AR, TX, & NM
- Rocky Mountain represents MT, ND, SD, NE, WY, CO, UT plus SAS & ALB
- Great Lakes & Midwest represents MI, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, MN, IA, WI plus MAN & ONT
- Northeast represents QUE, NB & NS plus VT, ME, NH, NY, MA, CT, RI, DE, NJ, PA
- Southeast represents MD, DC, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, & PR
META REGIONAL NOMINEE CRITERIA
Meta Regional Member has demonstrated extensive leadership experience in any of the following areas:
- Organizational fu (non-profit or LLC or steering committee)
- Community-building experience
- Has outlasted or overcome local drama
Meta Regional Members will also be selected based upon:
- Successful track record within the Regional Network
- Maturity level
- Peer respect