To develop and support processes by which the Global Network can become more self-sustaining. And to provide leadership mentoring to the Regional organization. To provide input on strategic direction and offer on-the-ground perspective for the Burning Man Project in an advisory capacity.
- Serve as a source of support and development for the entire Burning Man Global Network.
- Uphold and review individual issues/complaints regarding Global Contacts and activities.
- Make recommendations for the Global Contact Intake Process.
- Contribute to the mentorship of new Global Contacts.
- Inspire leadership within the greater Burning Man community.
- Provide feedback to HQ on Global Network needs and representation.
- Manage the voting process for Meta Committee seats.
- Help develop the Events Committee for the Regionals Team at Burning Man HQ, provide advice on structure, and offer expertise via the Meta Event Production seat
- Provide input and help develop the annual Global Leadership Conference and where possible, the regional summits / gatherings (Europe, Northwest, Great Lakes, Southeast etc.)
- Support the Global Network in story telling.
Nominated by BURNING MAN HQ*
- Northwest/BC/Alaska: Kay Morrison (Seattle)
- CA-NV-AZ-HI: Ernest Belding (Los Angeles)
- Mid-South & New Mexico: Scott Platsky (Arizona)
- Rocky Mountains/SAS/ALB: Jackie Latendresse (Saskatchewan)
- Great Lakes/Midwest/MAN/ONT: Jon “Groot” Groot (Chicago)
- Northeast/QUE/NB/NS: Peter Durand (Boston)
- Southeast: William “Sauce” Funderburk (North Carolina)
- International: Misa Rygrova (Czech)
- SF/Representative from BMHQ: Megs Rutigliano (BMHQ)
*Seats 1-9 are nominated and placed by Burning Man HQ. These seats will belong to current Regional Contacts or Alumni in Good Standing.
Nominated by BURNING MAN HQ*
- Event production (expertise): Tzara Vierck (Portland)
- Civic (BWB style) Activities: Eric Griswold (Wisconsin)
- Social Alchemy (development and people skills): Cynthia “Cooky” Jones (Detroit)
*Seats 10-12 are placed by Burning Man HQ for the short term. Eventually these seats will be self- or peer-nominated by the Regional Network. These seats need not be a Regional Contact.
Nominated by Regional Network *
- Local Leader (a skilled person whose work will further the initiatives set forth by the committee): Rachel “Squishelle” Proulx (Vancouver)
*This seat need not be a Regional Contact.
Jay “Everyman” Kennedy
Voting will occur at the annual Caucus. Inaugurations will occur at the Burning Man event.
Definitions of Regions/US States and Canada
- Northwest represents BC plus WA, AK, OR, ID
- Mid-South represents KY, TN, OK, MS, LA, AR, TX, & NM
- Rocky Mountain represents MT, ND, SD, NE, WY, CO, UT plus SAS & ALB
- Great Lakes & Midwest represents MI, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, MN, IA, WI plus MAN & ONT
- Northeast represents QUE, NB & NS plus VT, ME, NH, NY, MA, CT, RI, DE, NJ, PA
- Southeast represents MD, DC, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, & PR
Meta Regional Nominee Criteria
Meta Regional Member has demonstrated extensive leadership experience in any of the following areas:
- Organizational functionality (non-profit or LLC or steering committee)
- Community-building experience
- Has outlasted or overcome local drama
Meta Regional Members will also be selected based upon:
- Successful track record within the Regional Network
- Maturity level
- Peer respect